Saturday, March 19, 2011

She Sails with Me



A few updates to share. It's jamming season! Well, in my humble opinion it's always jamming season. But the strawberries are beginning to ripen as spring is once again here. This is the time when my husband brings home cartons full of strawberries. He needn't say a word: when I see a sink full of freshly rinsed berries, I know what he's wanting.

He also suprised me with an entire set of china last week. Coming home from work, he walked in the front door with a gigantic box. This is his beautiful find... with my favorite go-to meal of wilted kale with white beans, lemon, walnuts and cheese.



And, I finally gave in to a little lusting I've been having lately. Paints!! It's been a long time since I've indulged this creative side. I've been longing to dip back into the acrylics and spend afternoons lost in the diligence of a portrait or two.



Are there any delightful little surprises your life is dishing up for you lately?

1 comment:

  1. ah the simple pleasures! speaking of, I might go make some toast to go with that meyer lemon marmalade that's dwindling in my fridge.

    ReplyDelete